|SFTS Announces Continuing Education Summer Seminars
San Anselmo, CA - San Francisco Theological Seminary’s Office of Advanced Pastoral Studies is pleased to announce its Summer Seminars for 2013. Three, two-week sessions are being offered: Session 1, June 10 – June 21. Session 2, June 24 – July 5. Session 3, July 8 – July 19.
The dynamic and cutting-edge classes are designed to enrich practitioners engaged in a variety of ministries. Course topics include:
- Pastor as Person
- Gospel and Global Media Culture
- Narrative Theology in Context: When the Living Word Encounters Shifting Urban Realities
- Theology of Ministry
- Groups, Group Therapy and Recovery Work
- Culturally Attentive Conflict Ministry
- Reforming Spirituality
- Culture and Mission: Social Theory for Theologians
- Intercultural Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Theological Voices for the 21st Century
Instructors include noted professors from SFTS and faculty from other seminaries across the nation.
Seminars in each two-week session involve three hours of in-class work, each morning, with afternoons and evenings reserved for between-class reflection, informal fellowship and enjoyment of the San Francisco Bay Area. Tuition per seminar is $600.
Enrollment forms can be downloaded from the SFTS website. For more information, contact the Advanced Pastoral Studies Office at 415-451-2865 or via email at APS@sfts.edu
The application and fee deadline is Friday, May 10, 2013.