- Development Associate
Development Associate - Raiser's Edge
DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (Raiser’s Edge)
The San Francisco Theological Seminary (SFTS) is a non-profit which provides graduate theological education and is located in San Anselmo CA. We are seeking a Full Time DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE. This position is a member of the Office of Advancement Team and assists in the administration of the SFTS Raiser’s Edge Community donor database. This includes recording and updating donor, gift, and event information, executing and distributing custom reports, and updating the SPARK web interface. As needed, the incumbent provides support and training in the use of Raiser’s Edge to other members of the SFTS staff. The incumbent works with all SFTS departments to ensure that departmental data is recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and is available as appropriate to other departments.
Updates alumni/ae, donor and organization records
Enters and acknowledges gifts and pledges, enters events and records event participation
Performs electronic processing of pledge and recurring gifts done via credit card or direct debit
Designs queries, exports and reports to support fundraising and event management
Creates lists as needed for appeals, mailings, and other purposes
Performs prospect research using Research Point and records information in database
Maintains appropriate paper files supporting gifts, pledges, planned giving and major donors
Creates and implements data oversight functions and trains staff to ensure data integrity
Reconciles gifts and pledges with the Finance Department to ensure accuracy of gift data
Monitors and ensures data integrity
Performs technical management of Raiser’s Edge server and SPARK implementation
Verifies the regular backup of the database by the Information Technology department
Attends community and event and activities as appropriate to support Advancement goals
Produces reports and analysis to evaluate program success
Participates in weekly team meetings
Perform other duties as assigned
B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
Three years of experience in an Advancement environment
Significant experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, SPARK and Research Point
Strong demonstrated experience with word processing, spreadsheets, E-mail, database software
Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to confidentiality
Excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate. Individual offices, no cubicles. Stone (castle like) building.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to JOBS@SFTS.EDU Fax to (415) 451-2829
San Francisco Theological Seminary, 105 Seminary Road, Attn: Human Resources, San Anselmo, CA 94960.
The Controller manages the daily operations of the Business Office and is responsible for all accounting functions, financial reporting, budget management, and related systems. The Controller supervises two staff accountants and represents the Business Office on working groups with Student Services, Academic Programs, and Events & Conference Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
General Ledger Accounting
- Approve general ledger journal entries prepared by staff
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts
- Maintain general ledger report formats
- Prepare and enter journal entries for unusual transactions
- Manage monthly close procedures and review all monthly reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly FRX reports and work with the VP Finance to produce interim financial statements for the Board
- Work with VP Finance to draft annual operating budgets
- Monitor monthly budget to actual reports and distribute to Budget Managers
- Prepare and monitor budgets for Administration and the Business Office
- Provide guidance to Budget Managers for monitoring department budgets and controlling costs
AP, Student AR, Cash Receipts
- Manage accounting staff responsible for AP, AR, and Cash Receipts processing
- Authorized signer for operating bank accounts – review & sign AP checks processed weekly
- Prepare or review journal entries for ACH activity on daily bank statements
- Review daily Cash Receipts and approve daily bank deposits
- Prepare or review monthly Student AR Aging, establish collection procedures, and set registration blocks
- Prepare annual 1099 and 1098T reports
- SFTS contracts with ADP for payroll processing – Controller maintains primary relationship with ADP
- Review ADP Payroll Report prior to submission
- Prepare or review Payroll journal entries
- Prepare or review benefits payments and journal entries for TIAA CREF pension, Kaiser Healthcare, and other benefits programs – LTD, Life Insurance, Vision & Dental
- Work with Director of Human Resources to account for benefits programs
- Monitor vacation, sick leave, and all changes to employee compensation & benefits including special circumstances affecting ordained persons and faculty housing.
- Authorize and process monthly/quarterly governmental payroll tax and information reports.
- Monitor daily cash position of bank Operating Account
- Maintain cash forecast for long-term cash needs
- Prepare Cash Withdrawal and Investment requests for Graystone Investment Advisors
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Initiate cash transfers from the Student Loan Account to the Operating Account
- Review monthly reconciliation of GL to Raisers Edge Database prepared by staff
- Determine proper gift posting to endowment, annual fund, and restricted funds
- Insure proper posting of stock gifts and online gifts
- Establish appropriate internal controls for gift processing, deposits, and coding
- Manage the interim review and the annual audit by external audit firm – June 30 fiscal year end
- Prepare all lead sheets, audit questionnaires, and worksheets
- Analyze all balance sheet asset and liability accounts
- Calculate YE adjusting entries for bad debt, depreciation, and other balance sheet adjustments
- Work with VP Finance to prepare draft Financial Statements & Footnotes
- Manage the A-133 annual audit
- Policies & Procedures Manual - Update and maintain the PPM located on the SFTS Network and assist other departments in updating policies and procedures.
- Property, Plant, & Equipment - Select a software program to create a Fixed Asset Register. Reconcile and transfer PP&E currently maintained on Excel Spreadsheets to the Fixed Asset Register.
- Insurance – prepare annual application for Property & Casualty, Auto, Educators Legal Liability, Workers Compensation
- Property Leases – Track payments, annual rental increases, and work with VP Finance to negotiate new lease arrangements for rental of seminary property to outside tenants.
Education/Training: BA/BS in Accounting or related business degree required. CPA certificate required but does not have to be current.
Experience: Minimum five years experience in an accounting function with a minimum of two years supervisory experience. Prefer experience with a not-for-profit organization, particularly an educational organization.
Special Skills: Proficient with windows based software systems, word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs. Able to work in a variety of computer software systems and FRX reporting applications.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Able to work effectively and collaboratively across departments and with staff, faculty, and students.
Good project management skills. Ability to analyze and summarize data in a clear and concise manner and to design processes and procedures that make the best use of limited resources.
Attention to detail. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Maintain a positive and friendly attitude and be willing to take on new responsibilities as needed.
Experience in managing staff , delegating work effectively, and providing training as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, to use hands and fingers, and to talk or listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
SFTS is an equal opportunity employer
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-451-2829 or mail to Human Resources, SF Theological Seminary, 105 Seminary Road, San Anselmo, CA 94960